Saturday, May 12, 2012

I have stage four metastatic colon cancer. What are the best foods for me to eat


I have stage four metastatic colon cancer. What are the best foods for me to eat ?

Cancer - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
plain chicken. mashed potatoes. no dairy! i MEAN it NO DAIRY! good luck!
2 :
First off, sorry to hear that you have cancer. Second, I would assume that anything with alot of fiber (fruits and veggies) would be best for your digestive system since the fiber helps food to pass through easier. Also, chicken and fish are probably ok if they don't make you sick. Try to stay away from sugary foods, red meat, and "enriched" white food.
3 :
You need to go back to your doctor/hospital and ask to see a dietitian. I wouldn't get medical advice from unqualified people on the web.
4 :
The best foods are the ones you can tolerate, taste good and give you pleasure. Food is not going to change anything as far as your cancer goes.
5 :
You should seek advice from your oncologist.GOOD LUCK
6 :
We know that the simplest and the nutritious food we have to eat is the vegetables and fruits because they are rich in fiber and that was easily be digested. Colon Cancer patients I think should eat also that kind of foods that was ordered by a dietitian. Maybe this order from a doctor will do, 70% fruits and vegetables, 10% of animal protein, 10% grain and cereals, and a small amount of dairy products. Avoid carcinogenics like smoked foods it may only trigger the cancer.
7 :
READ I HOPE IT HELP; http://www.metastaticlivercancer.org/2008-11-04-cancer-treatment/stage-iv-colon-cancer/ http://www.raysahelian.com/coloncancer.html http://www.answers.com/topic/colorectal-cancer
8 :
I had a quick read on the web about stage 4 cancer and it says to stay off fatty foods and dairy products but then if you are having chemo I wouldn't eat too many veg, fruit or fibre as it might be too much for your bowels. by stage 4 I would have thought you would be in hospital on an IV drip? my dad was on morphine by the time he was at stage 4, I think he was at stage 4 when diagnosed as he only lived 6 weeks but he was 76 years old. God Bless You.
9 :
If you are at a stage 4, it doesn't matter what you eat. That's the last stage there is. However, I do suggest you stay away from a lot of sugar. I don't know about colon cancer, but breast cancer cells love sugar. it breaks down into glucose, and that's what they thrive on. Get information online about your cancer, and ask your doctor what the best diet would be for you. WE are just a bunch of Yahoo-ers online.
10 :
Your doctor should tell you what foods you should avoid. Other then that, eat anything you want. There is no diet that is going to cure you if that is what you are thinking. Good luck.




 Read more discussions :