Monday, September 12, 2011

Does anyone know where I can find detailed age prevalency statistics for colon cancer


Does anyone know where I can find detailed age prevalency statistics for colon cancer?
I am a 25 year old male and have an appointment with a GI Doc next Thursday. I have had a few symptoms that are consistent with colon cancer. I am aware that CC in someone my age is rare ... with 90% of cases happening in individuals over age 50 and only 3% occuring in those under 40. However, for some peace of mind while I wait for my appointment, can anyone point me towards fairly detailed age statistics on colon cancer. Particularly, I am interested in finding out more about the likelihood of at 25 year old male with no family history developing colon cancer. thanks
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The American Cancer Society has an abundance of info. You should go to their website for more stats and info. Their web is www.cancer.org. Hope this info. is helpful in answering some of your questions. Take care.
2 :
Go to: www@americancancersociety.com or call 1.800.227.2345. I'm giving you both options because sometimes, despite a website, people want a human voice to talk to. I realize this number may be on the website page but, if not, you have it. No harm done by giving it, regardless.
3 :
not too bad a chance i beleive,look up some stuff on some college sites they have very good information on those matters
4 :
Statistics are not a good indicator for whether you have cancer or not, especially if you end up being in that smaller statistic. Yes, a 25 year old male without a family history of colon cancer can have colon cancer. The important thing is that you are going to be seen by a doctor and evaluated. No one else can really tell you any more than that. The Colon Club - Organization dedicated to educating about colorectal cancer in younger people. http://www.colonclub.com/ Colon Cancer Alliance http://www.ccalliance.org/ NCI: Colon and Rectal Cancer http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/colon-and-rectal Good luck at your appointment. I hope they find you are all clear of any disease!





 Read more discussions :