Thursday, October 1, 2009

29 years old and recently diagnosed with colon cancer


29 years old and recently diagnosed with colon cancer.?
I grew up and still live very near to an old coal stripping mine. Has anyone ever heard of a correlation between colon cancer and living near an old mine? There are ALOT of people in my community (of all ages) who have gotten all kinds of cancer. It just seems fishy to me.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
First, I'm very sorry for your illness. I wish you the best and that you win your fight! I have never heard of mining itself being carcinogenic, but if the soil is contaminated you might experience leeching in your water.
2 :
awwwww! im sooooo srry!
3 :
"Cancer cluster" is the term scientists use to describe areas with abnormally high incidences of cancer. Unfortunately, cancer clusters are a wide-spread phenomenon. They are often associated with proximity to industrial sites and waste dumps. While I am not familiar with coal-related clusters, it is entirely possible that such a thing exists. May I suggest that you contact your state's Department of Health to inquire about cancer clusters in your area. They may have the information that you are looking for.





Read more discussions :