Friday, May 4, 2012

My friends dad has colon cancer


My friends dad has colon cancer?
She just told me on the phone a sec ago and I feel really bad bc i dont know how to deal with things so I was just like "Aw well I hope hes okay" so now I feel like the biggest jackass but.. does anyone know is colon cancer really bad?? and what can I say to her bc now I feel terrible? hes having a surgery tomorrow she said...but what am i supposed to say? "hes in my prayers"?
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Colon cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the colon. The colon is part of the bodyĆ¢€™s digestive system. The digestive system removes and processes nutrients (vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and water) from foods and helps pass waste material out of the body. The digestive system is made up of the esophagus, stomach, and the small and large intestines. The first 6 feet of the large intestine are called the large bowel or colon. The last 6 inches are the rectum and the anal canal. The anal canal ends at the anus (the opening of the large intestine to the outside of the body). http://www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/treatment/colon/patient/
2 :
Well of course no form of cancer is good. But colon cancer is treatable if caught early enough. Just ask her what stage is he at, what's going to happen, and tell her you're there for her whenever she needs you. Perhaps even wait with her at the hospital whilst he's having surgery. When I had surgery for colon cancer, my friends waited, but something else that meant a lot is that my brother's friends came out of their classes at uni to wait. I know they were there to support him, but it also meant a lot to me. Even my brother's friend's family came to visit me. They didn't talk about it with me, apart from ask how I'm doing, but they showed support by just being there. Good luck!!





  Read more discussions :