Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why might population or individuals with low dietary fiber intake be at higher risk for colon cancer


Why might population or individuals with low dietary fiber intake be at higher risk for colon cancer?
How might fiber help to prevent some types of colon cancer?
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Fiber flushes out the colon. I have to take fiber supplements along with a high fiber diet due to irritable bowel syndrome and to prevent myself from getting colon cancer.
2 :
The diet of the western world is devoid in many things, especially fibre. Fibre, in effect, scrubs the walls of the intestines and the colon as it works its way through the digestive tract. The things we westerners eat are loaded with processed food chemicals, fats, sodiums, preservatives, and who knows what else. If we don't eat a diet with proper nutrients and fibrous ingredients, then these poorly digested items gather in the walls of our guts. I just had a golf ball sized tumour removed from my colon and it was pre-cancerous. Another month or even a week and I might have gotten cancer. I have a very poor diet due to extreme gastroparesis of the stomach, and can't handle much fibre without bad effects. I've had my wake up call.
3 :
The fiber keeps things moving through the colon, rather than just sitting there and rotting.






Read more discussions :