Friday, August 28, 2009

Long Term And Short Term effects of Colon Cancer


Long Term And Short Term effects of Colon Cancer?
Hi, What are long term and short term effects of colon cancer. If you could provide a source it would be great if not its fine. Thank You.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Shane, I was diagnosed with colon cancer seventeen years ago! I had surgery to remove the tumor ... and another 14 inches or so of intestine. I did not require chemo or radiation. My mother had colon cancer when she in her early 80s and passed away at 96. An uncle of mine had his surgery for colon cancer around the same time I did ... and he's still alive and kickin'. If the cancer is detected early enough ... that is, if it hasn't spread to the liver and beyond, I think a person has a good chance of long life in good health. I highly recommend colonoscopy for anyone who has symptoms such as narrowing stool or blood in stool. I can only speak for my own experience (and family history) - I hope this information will be helpful to you.
2 :
The American Cancer Society provides great resources for patients. I've included the link to their information on colon cancer below. Take a look there for accurate, reliable information.






 Read more discussions :