Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What can I do to comfort my dog that has colon cancer


What can I do to comfort my dog that has colon cancer?
My dogs 13 and she was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. about a month ago she had trouble haveing a bowel movement so im giving her stool softeners to ease the pain. what other things can I do to comfort her in her last weeks to months like favorite foods or giving her more attention..
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Why don't you take her to the vet? Either for treatment, pain meds, or to end her suffering?
2 :
Painful as it may be to you Brian, think of the dog's pain. It's time to take her to the vet and end her pain. It's one of the toughest things a loving pet owner ever has to do but, it's the most loving thing the loving owner ever does. Good luck to you.
3 :
what you should do is NOT post a dog question in the section for human suffering. It looks a bit stupid and is offensive. Try the pets section.
4 :
My cat of 17 years suffered like this, and I decided that the best thing to do was to have her veterinarian end her suffering humanely. I hope that you and your vet are working together on this, and that your dog is at the very least getting some medication for pain management. As hard as it can be, there is a time to let go and you may be near that now from the sound of things. Best of luck to you both.






 Read more discussions :