Saturday, July 4, 2009

Would I have normal blood work if I had colon cancer


Would I have normal blood work if I had colon cancer?
If I had a tumor in my colon, would it be possible to have a all my blood work, including complete blood count be 100% normal? I have had blood work done twice within the last 9 months (once for my annual physical, and again when I had the flu). Both times the blood work was normal. If i had colon cancer (or any other cancer), would my blood work be abnormal? would my white blood cells be elevated?
Cancer - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Frequently, anemia is evident, but would not have to be present. White cell count usually normal, and unless spread already, remainder of chemistries are usually normal too. Even if spread, bloodwork is frequently normal. Blessings




 Read more discussions :