Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How young is too young to have colon cancer


How young is too young to have colon cancer?
I am 28 year old , female. I have 4 symptons of colon cancer. the symptons that I have is Constipation, thin stools, stomach cramps, Hematochezia (Bloody Stool) could I be at risk. I also have colon cancer in my family .
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sounds like IBS to me. See your Doctor, I have all of those and its IBS, but bloody stools can be a small tear in your bum, i have that!
2 :
Everyday, people are discovering they have cancer at younger and younger ages. The old advice to not worry about it until you're 40 or 50 is just not good advice any more. During my cancer treatment, I saw very young women - some in their teens, being treated for everything from colon and bladder cancer to breast cancer (usually thought to be an "older woman's disease). With those symptoms, insist on getting tested as soon as possible. The earlier the detection, the better the chances. Don't wait.
3 :
Yes you could. Go to the MD and get yourself checked out. Especially with a history of it in your family. If everything comes out normal, get yourself to an acupuncturist/herbalist. They have tools that will be able to help with all of these conditions, and maybe ward off cancer in the future. There is no doubt that you have a predisposition.
4 :
If there is a history of colon cancer in your family then you should have your first colonoscopy 10 yrs before the age the person was diagnosed. Depending on your family history you may already be overdue for a colonoscopy. Due to our family history my 13 yr old ds, my 17 yr old neice and my 19, 22 and 26 yr old kids and 26 yr old neice and my 21 yr old nephew, have all had colonoscopy's this year. Call your doctor now.






 Read more discussions :