Friday, May 20, 2011

What is the liklihood of colon cancer in a 24 yr old


What is the liklihood of colon cancer in a 24 yr old?
I have my first colonoscopy scheduled for this Friday & I am very nervous! I know the prep is going to be a nightmare...but, I think I'm more scared of what the results might be. Last year I was diagnosed with IBS without having a colonoscopy. Now I'm seeing a new doctor who is saying that IBS can only be determined if everything else is ruled out. I just hope its nothing serious. Please let me know your thoughts!
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not very high, but it can't be excluded. A colonoscopy really isn't that big a deal; you drink a chemical cousin of antifreeze that cleans you out so the examiner can see things. I watched the whole business on television, and found it quite interesting; how often can one see what one would see if one's head were where some people accuse it of being?
2 :
My father died of colon caner and I have had checks since I was 18. It is greater if someone in your family has it or has had it. Lots of people have IBS and are not at greater risk, your doctor is just being safe.
3 :
im my case i was not all worried of the procedure...i researched beforehand in youtube, etc...although u would feel uneasy not much for the colonoscopy itself but of the preparations like bowel cleansing and diet (pure liquid 24hours prior)...i took a laxative that was gentle, free from stomach discomfort and irritation...moreover, be spiritual and positive attitude approach are my personal suggestions as i do now...am a cancer patient had just gone sigmoid colon surgery for a bleeding adenocarcinoid mass that kept me pale, had dark-stool diarrhea and unbearable abdominal pain (few of the symptoms)...hope not you do encounter these...God bless...






 Read more discussions :