Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Are there any other colon cancer survivors out there who would like to talk with me about their experiences


Are there any other colon cancer survivors out there who would like to talk with me about their experiences?
I was diagnosed a little over a year ago. I had my tumor removed and went through chemo. My last chemo was December 18, 2008. I am now at the stage of recovering from chemo and trying to build my health back up. I am especially interested in Nutrition based disease reversal.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi bobby joe: I had colon cancer and I go back every other year for a colon-oscopy. I eat more fiber now and more veggies too. But early detection is a must and you can live through colon cancer if treated early.
2 :
I am a colon cancer survivor. The cancerous tumor was found in my transverse colon August 27, 2008. Nine days later I had a colon resection. It was stage 2, grade 2 and after learning this info and reading my pathology report, surgical report, books from the library, I decided not to do any chemotherapy. (I saw my younger sister die during chemotherapy treatments for leukemia) To build health you need to have an exercise program along with good foods. (I was doing all that before I learned I had cancer by the way) I have changed my diet since February of this year. I cut out all red meat, poultry, and extra oil. Several mentions were made to me by the doctors that a fatty diet may cause colon cancer. A more vegetarian-type diet is better for the human body I believe and I have read articles that this diet can reverse severe bad health conditions. I still eat eggs, cheese, fish, and yogurt. In time you should be able to build up your body again.
3 :
I am a 7 year survivor. I had surgery, chemo and radiation. I struggle daily with my stomach. I have to follow a low fat, low fiber, no dairy and no red meat diet to survive. It has worked for me for the last 7 years. Good Luck.






 Read more discussions :