Saturday, June 4, 2011

Are there cilia and flagella in colon cancer cells


Are there cilia and flagella in colon cancer cells?
I guess if the teacher fully explained the project maybe I wouldn't have had the question.
Cancer - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you knew what these were, you wouldn't have to ask this HOMEWORK question. ADD, I'm going to help you because your teacher didn't fully explain but next time when you don't understand something, ask the teacher to explain further, That's what they get paid for. Celia are small, hairlike processes on the outer surfaces of some cells that will aid in metabolism by producing motion. Flagella is also a projection that performs a whip-like propelling to move a cell. Since the colon would need these to move digested food through them, then yes, the cancer cells would also have them. I will look up more material if you need it. OK. Cilea and flagella work together but not in all cells, In the colon, the main function of both is sort of push the water through or fluid through the colon. Since there is both on the cells, my search revealed that not all colon cancer cells will have cilia and flagella because some colon cancer can be the result of another type of cancer metatasizing to the colon. It's a tough question one I thought I really knew until I looked it up. If I were you, I'd say yes to the answer. Good luck and I'm sorry if I misjudged you, Your teacher is not very good if everything wasn't explained to you, Just ask him/her next time. You should be able to get the extra help. Do good.





 Read more discussions :