Sunday, June 1, 2008

How can I reduce my risk of having Colon Cancer


How can I reduce my risk of having Colon Cancer?
I have just been assessed that I am at a higher risk of having Colon Cancer, which scares me because I have had issues with my GI tract before, bleeding and IBS a lot of diarrhea. I am never around any smoke, I know that helps and I know eating better, exercising and reducing stress-but any other ways you know of?
Other - Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Honestly you named them all- eating better, exercising and reducing stress will greatly reduce the risks. Did you know that Aspirin and other nonsterodial anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can also create false positives by causing GI bleeding that has nothing to do with abnormalities in the colon. Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and kale are all cancer-fighting stars, High Fiber anything, and you should aim for 25g per day. Foods rich in Vit D & Calcium are good too. Cut back on Red, and Processed Meat, such as such as hot dogs and cold cuts, as well as beef, pork and lamb. Think of meat as a side dish. Stick to less than 3 ounces of red meat a day, and avoid charring as much as possible. Avoid Alcohol. Avoid fatty foods, no more than 60g on an 1800 caloric diet.
2 :
If any of your extended families have cancer, then you have bigger chance of get it, otherwise just keep a good Habit. Drinking tea is also a good Habit to prevent cancer What caused cancer is a very big issue, but don't need to worry to much, because depression and worries are important elements that caused cancer too :)
3 :
Diet is extremely important. Stay away from caffeine, coke and coffee which causes diarrhea. Give her digestive system a break once in a while by following a clear liquid diet for a whole day. Stay away from milk products. Have a colonoscopy done every couple of years.





 Read more discussions :