Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Can my child survive through my colon cancer


Can my child survive through my colon cancer?
Im 18 years old and I have been recently diagnosed with colon cancer, but I am pregnant. If I don't get treatment will my child live?
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm so sorry for you, my mom had colon cancer removed before it spread and now she's fine. Can they remove it? I don't know if not getting treated is your best plan, what if it gets worse and your child has a sick/weak mother. Talk to your doctors and find a good plan. Best of luck :)
2 :
colon cancer at 18? Are you serious? If you are try talking to your doctor about treatment that doesn't involve chemotherapy.
3 :
I wish I had an answer for you, but I saw your question and felt compelled to respond anyway Your situation is unique and scary and I just wanted to tell you to stay strong. That's a lot to deal with at such a young precious age. I hope you can get healthy soon and be a strong mother to your little one. Best wishes
4 :
Wow, I'm genuinely stunned... I've never known a pregnant woman get cancer, let alone so young... And, I hate to suggest this, I really do, but abortion? If abortion is not an option, then chemotherapy will not be an option. Chemotherapy is highly toxic and would probably kill your child. Radiotherapy is possible on a pregnant lady, but serious precautions must be taken. Dependant on the stage of gestation etc. http://rpop.iaea.org/RPOP/RPoP/Content/SpecialGroups/1_PregnantWomen/PregnancyAndRadiotherapy.htm#PregnRadiothFAQ02 I found the above link for you. You also need to check with your oncologist and decide the best course of action. And remember that there is the chance that you and your child can survive through this.
5 :
Its best to talk to your doctors, but when I was having chemo, I saw a pregnant woman getting it too, so it may be possible. I was diagnosed with colon cancer late last yr at the age of 20, so if you need to talk to someone about it, just message me. Good luck!







 Read more discussions :