Sunday, August 1, 2010

Do you, or a loved one, have colon cancer


Do you, or a loved one, have colon cancer?
For my psychology class, we got to draw an unfortunate event and write a story about it. Mine is, "A happy family of five receives the devastating news that the 42-year-old mother has cancer and may live another year at most." I've chosen colon cancer. What can you tell me about it? I'd really appreciate anyone who helps, and I understand that this is a tough subject to talk about.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
glad to help you :) My Grandpa has it. He's 65, I believe. He was having really bad stomach pains, and it was awful. I remember him being in the hospital having all sorts of tests done. We soon found out it was stage 4 colon cancer. It spread into his liver. Thank God, it didnt spread anywhere else. (He was diagnosed in Feb 2010) since he was diagnosed, he's had a round of intense chemo, every other week and a doctors appointment during his non chemo week. Its really hard. Because he's lost alot of weight, and he gets really bad stomach spasms. Whrn my grandma isnt home, someone has to stay with him. It pains me to see this. Good luck with your report :)
2 :
Isn’t this supposed to be your “unfortunate event”?
3 :
At such a young age there is a very distinct possibility that the colon cancer is hereditary (Lynch syndrome also called HNPCC). That means that her kids will be at risk for developing cancer too at some point in their lives. That should give you material to work with for psychology class.





Read more discussions :