Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Colon cancer


Colon cancer?
i am 14 and i think i my have colon cancer. im not a hypocondric, i have very good reason to belive that i do in fact have colon cancer. my mom was diegnosed at the age of 3 with colon cancer and cancer runs in my family. i have frequlently had bright red blood in my stool and sometimes it is so bad the entire bole is red. I have had my period scence i was 10 and i know that it is not menstrul blood. sometimes the bleeding from my anus is so bad that sometimes it leaks and staine my under wair PLEASE HELP
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It could just be bad hemoroids they are like varicose veinsin the anus, but see a doc anyway.
2 :
The chances of you developing colon cancer are very slim, and there are many conditions which cause bleeding. If it is bleeding alone, without any cramping, pain, etc then the chances are even slimmer. HOWEVER, you do need to get in contact with a doctor and infact, since you have a first relative with colon cancer you should do regular colonoscopies (every year), there are pre-cancerous stages in the colon which can be detected with colonoscopies and that can prevent the cancer from happening all together. Best of luck.






 Read more discussions :