Monday, December 1, 2008

What trial treatments have had the best results for stage four colon cancer


What trial treatments have had the best results for stage four colon cancer?
My mother was diagnosed with stage four colon cancer 2 years ago. She is now on her last few months and I want to find something, anything that might help her stay for just a little longer. Anything helps! Trials, no gaurantees we are willing to try ANYTHING!
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Trial options appear to be limited . . .
2 :
I am very sorry for your family and your mother. My mother died last year of stage 4 ovarian cancer, she had only 9 months between diagnosis and death. I don't know whether any of the "alternative" supplementary treatment we got her did anything, but I know that she went through her chemo without much problems and was in relatively good shape til very late. She took Immune-Assist, a medicinal mushroom mix which I bought from a Hawaiian company (FDA checked for pesticides etc.). It is expensive, and as I said, I don't know whether it helped my mother anything at all, but we just had to try it. By the way, I very thoroughly researched medicinal mushrooms (I am a biologist) and I am convinced that this is one of the best offers, you can be sure that you get what you ordered, no poisons in it, jsut what you paid for. And I do believe in the medical value of medicinal mushrooms, not to cure cancer but to better the quality of life and, perhaps, prolong life a bit. I checked it out very thoroughly on PubMed and other scientific sites, not on quack sites. I hope you and your mother have some more time together. I wish you the best of luck.
3 :
Stage 4 colon cancer has been researched. I was recently involved in a clinical trial using monoclonal antibodies in patient's with stage 4 colon cancer. The drug has now been approved for use and is under the name of ERBITUX. Monoclonal antibodies are becoming the new trend in treating cancers. A great website to find where some colon cancer trials are going on is at http://www.nci.gov--Good luck in your search!







 Read more discussions :