Saturday, April 28, 2012

A girlfriend of one of my best friends told us she had Colon cancer


A girlfriend of one of my best friends told us she had Colon cancer .?
and that each year she goes in and has a piece of the colon removed, she is not on any medication only a diet. She was suppose to have the surgery in Dec of 08 but said that things are fine and she is going to skip this year and just treat it with a diet. My questions is this can this be true?
Cancer - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'd say there's a 99.9% chance she's a liar seeking attention. 1.) Cancer of any kind, colon or not, is never "just treated with a diet." Unless, of course, the patient wants to die. 2.) No cancer has a regiment of just occasionally cutting out a piece of the intestine. That's asinine. She's either a liar, or there's that 0.1% chance that she is trying to do this new-age hippy thing, and will be dead before the end of the year.
2 :
I believe cancer is simply in the genetic blueprint. Lots of folks preach things like eat a diet high in fiber and you won't get colon cancer. I think that is rubbish. My oncologist (I have breast cancer) says nobody knows why we get cancer. She says take vitamins if you want, but you should be getting what you need from food and if you aren't eating properly, the vitamins aren't going to do you any good, anyway. It sounds as though your friend is having "biopsies" done - that's what the little pieces of colon removal are. She may have suspicious polyps and stuff that they remove during a colonoscopy. And if they think she is at such high risk, she shouldn't skip the procedures. I never miss a mammogram.
3 :
Colin cancer is very agressive if untreated. sometimes some bowel is removed to rid it of cancer. Then the patient has a colostomy bag. If all cancer has been removed, the person can lead a normal life with the bag. If there is still cancer present, it will move throughout the rest of the body. Lymph nodes, lungs, liver. once the cancer has metasticised (moved away from the bowel), life expectancy is 1-2 years. Tell her to stop playing games.
4 :
how stupid of your friend. my wife has colon cancer,maybe has 11/2 years to live.why would anyone say those kind of things.maybe she should put on my wife's shoes and see what it is really like to have cancer, and be sick all of the time.we live one day at a time!!!!!
5 :
Unlikely. It amazes me that there are these fake cancer dingbats. Ignore her.
6 :
She's a liar, and not a very good one. For one thing, if everything was as she said [and its not], she'd be dead by now. Colon cancer can be very aggressive, surgery would have been done all at once, and she would be on chemo or something. Tell her to stop lying in order to get attention. People WITH cancer see no humor in dying.
7 :
What you are describing is not normal treatment for cancer patients. Normally if there is surgery there is also follow up with chemo and depending on how aggressive the cancer is she may have had a colon resection (colon tissue removed) or a colostomy done which can be either temporary or permanent, again depending on how much colon is involved. No cancer I know is "cured" with just diet. Either your facts are not right or she did not tell you everything. Good luck.
8 :
where do any kind of cancer come from if you have a excellent diet
9 :
This is not true. I had colon cancer.
10 :
Colon cancer if found soon enough can be successfully treated with removal of a portion of the colon. My sister had 18 inches of her colon removed. But if found in the late stages and it has spread to other major organs, it can be treated with surgery and chemotherapy. Even that is not 100% curable. My father died within a year of colon cancer. My nephew died just this past year. My brother has had chemo injected into a vein in his leg to help save his life as his had gone to his liver. Once it's reached the liver a person is pretty much a goner. I had endometrial cancer and I luckily was in First Stage and they got it all before it had a chance to spread to my lymph nodes. Some people aren't so lucky.





  Read more discussions :