Thursday, August 4, 2011

If I had colon cancer wouldn't I be losing weight


If I had colon cancer wouldn't I be losing weight?
I have to have a colonscopy done because of Low Iron Doctor is worried colon cancer. Well wouldn't I be losing weight & see blood in my stool if this was the case? I am not losing any weight ( I wish I would lose weight) and I never see blood.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can have colon (or any) cancer and be asymptomatic.
2 :
Not necessarily. When any cancer begins to develop, there are no initial symptoms. When you do have blood in the stools and begin to loose weight, then your cancer, (if you had it) would really start to manifest itself. You know, my iron is extremely low and I take a supplement but my Gastroenterologist never once said he was afraid of cancer. There has to be something else. Are you sure the colonoscopy isn't just routine? Maybe it's time for the tests again. I have one every year. Perhaps he mentioned the low iron level then said a colonoscopy in the same sentence. I don't know. Low iron means anemia depending how low it is. I'm going to look it up because you've peaked my curiosity. I wish you well, but just don't worry, OK. Wait for test results and I have to say, it you do have colon cancer and you're not showing symptoms. then it was caught very early. I still don't think so, but whatever your Dr feels. How old are you because that's a huge factor in determining certain cancers and this is one of them.






 Read more discussions :