Tuesday, May 4, 2010

How can I medicare health benefits,if I am a 50 old, american citizen with stage IV, colon cancer, disabled


How can I medicare health benefits,if I am a 50 old, american citizen with stage IV, colon cancer, disabled?
colon cancer and HTN, DIabetes, kidney disease,stroke,severe anemia, workedmore than 25 yrs in USA.I live in westerville,OH,married with no children, no savings, hard to live in this economy without any kind of help, any help is highly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you are disabled you should already be getting Medicare.
2 :
If you apply for Social Security Disability benefits and receive them, there will be a 2 year waiting period before you can get Medicare. There are some rare cases when social security administration will grant early medicare benefits but don't count on it, I know of this particular law due to my own set of circumstances. Some cities offer health care services to low-income people. You will have to do a search to see if you can find a hospital that will help you. Good luck and I wish you improved health. Akasha
3 :
You can be under 65 and have Medicare if you have been receiving SSDI for 24 months so you probably qualify and should apply for this disability social security right away. Meantime, if you have no resources and low income you can get Medicaid through your county social services department. There are private foundations that offer help for cancer patients. Google it.
4 :
This is a pet peeve of mine with the Social Security / disability system in the USA. As others have said above, there is such a long waiting time that many of my patients weakened and died from their advanced cancers before they were ever eligible to receive a nickel of benefits. Many of these people had no insurance, so I treated them at my own expense. I never refused a patient care just because they could not pay. That is why I never made the big bucks that many doctors take home now. These days you will not find too many doctors who will see you free of charge and also pay for your chemotherapy treatments out of their own pockets. But, there may be a few out there still.
5 :
Learn how to identify and treat chronic renal failure (CRF) As your installation is slow, the body can adapt well until late stages of chronic renal failure. Therefore, it is a silent disease. Many people think they can identify a kidney patient for pain or a decrease in the volume of urine. Nothing more false.





 Read more discussions :