Sunday, December 12, 2010

What are some symptons of colon cancer


What are some symptons of colon cancer?
I've had an off and on small pain in my right side just below my rib cage for about 10 weeks now.I've had ultra sound and cat scan test that showed no gallstones and everything looked good.They want to do an colonoscopy on me next week and told me to stop my asprin and plavix until after the test.I don't think this is a good Idea .I just had a drug stent placed on Nov,just 4 months ago.Any sugestions.
Heart Diseases - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think as physicians, they are the most aware.. My father has had a colonoscopy with stents, bypass and pacemaker.. He did just fine.. It is not the coloscopy that is bad.. It is the prep... They may find diverticulitius... Stick with what the MD's are telling you and don't depend upon the general public for diagnosis.. Your life is too important
2 :
I'm no doctor, so don't listen to my advice as anything more than that: advice. There is more that can happen than just colon cancer. You may have an ulcer or irritable bowel syndrome. Only the colonoscopy can tell definitively. I wouldn't spend this week worrying about it until you get the results back. However, you should cut down on spicy, saucy, and cheesy foods until you know for sure. I have a history of ulceratic colitis in my family and my doctor has told me not to eat cheese, spices, citric fruits, tomatoes, caffeine, or chocolate.
3 :
We have a family friend she found out that she has colon cancer from her stool. Her stool has blood in it. She found out she's in the later stage of colon cancer. Doctors have to cut few inches of her colon.
4 :
Stop your aspirin an Plavix and get the colonoscopy. The few days you will be off them will not cause you any problems with your stent. If you still have doubts call your cardiologists office and ask for his recommendations. I'm sure he will say it is ok.
5 :
I had colon cancer in 2005, at least that's when the symptoms began. Both the doctors and I thought it was irritable bowel syndrome, but after three months of belly cramps and occasional diarrhea, my doctor felt a large mass on the right side. Occult blood stool test - negative. Barium enema X-ray - negative. Colonoscopy - the doc couldn't get the probe past the mass. The tumor, along with 1/2 my large intestine, was removed in January 2006, and the ends sewn up. No need for chemotherapy (no significant benefit for Stage II cancer). I have read a lot about this condition and its treatment. Please believe me when I tell you that a colonoscopy is by far the best diagnostic tool to check your intestine for anything that's not right. You can ask for a general anesthetic (injection) so you won't feel a thing, and it's a quick procedure. They will remove samples of any suspicious tissue for analysis. E-mail me if you have any other questions.
6 :
Try this http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/colorectalcancer.html
7 :
They say that there are no symptoms for colon cancer. Only when your in the very late stages of it and then of course you would know for sure without question, that you have colon cancer. It may be possible you have polyps in your colon, that are aggravating your abdomen. About what the doctor has advice in not taking aspirin and plavix should be followed as he directed. You can call a pharmacist and also inquire with them about what your taking and if it is a problem. Explain what doctor mentioned as well. Pharmacist know medicine more then doctors. Doctors only prescribe, but can't tell you everything about the drugs.






 Read more discussions :