Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How bad is it when doctors use radiation as treatment for stage 4 colon cancer


How bad is it when doctors use radiation as treatment for stage 4 colon cancer?
My best friend has stage 4 colon cancer. She's only 24 years old. She told me that they are going to start radiation, what does that mean? I read about how they do it, but how bad does it have to be before they do radiation?
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It isn’t the fact that she is having radiation that makes it bad it’s the fact that it is a stage 4 colon cancer that makes it bad. Her prognosis is not good. I’m sorry.
2 :
Just as the poster before me, they do radiation even for Stage 2 cancers. I have to get radiation for Stage 3B Breast Cancer I was officially diagnosed as cancer free but I have still have to go thrut he radiation as a safety measure. All Stage 4 cancer is bad but that does not mean that she can't beat it--people beat statistics all the time. Keep a positive attitude and my thoughts and prayers are with you and her and the family during this difficult time.
3 :
You said a mouth full there tampage. Stage 4 is pretty bad. Chemo and radiation would be used to shrink the tumours and hopefully buy more time. However people have beaten those long odds before. Your friend is young and strong and will fight this thing.







 Read more discussions :