Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I'm 17 & for 2 days now, i've had blood in my feces. my dad had colon cancer but aren't i too young to hav it


I'm 17 & for 2 days now, i've had blood in my feces. my dad had colon cancer but aren't i too young to hav it?
the blood is bright red which is usually hemorrhoids but my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer last year. i know it can be hereditary but i'm only 17. is it possible to have cancer at such a young age? and i don't know if i can go to a doctor because i don't think i have health insurance right now. i've noticed the blood twice, today and yesterday. does anyone have any advice.
Other - Diseases - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know how to answer this because it's kind of awkward. Please go to a doctor, he or she will help you better than any of us can.
2 :
theres kids with cancer at the age of 10 sorry hope u ok
3 :
Tbh don't try and be reassured on yahoo answers, i wouldn't risk it, if it is then you can catch it early and get it treated but if you take our advice you might ignore it and by the end of the year you could be in stage 3 cancer and really ill. Look just go and get it checked.
4 :
I had colon cancer at the age of 28 (just turned 33:), but you're never to young, go to the doctor!
5 :
Have you not heard of children with cancer? See your doctor ASAP.
6 :
See a Dr. asap
7 :
You can't seriously be thinking of not going to the doctor because you don't have health insurance... IF (and I say IF, you also might have nothing wrong with you at all) you do have ... it (sorry, i dislike the word so much). Wouldn't you rather spend money than risk your life?
8 :
Let me ask you this do you strain when you go to the bath room like do you force yourself to poop if you are then maybe you should try taking a stool softener that is if you are having a hard time going by doing so you could be rupturing some tiny blood vessels in your rectum causing it to bleed there fore showing blood on your stool. I can tell you right now it ain't cancer and how do I know it happened to me one time there was blood in my (not in) but on my stool and I had a physical (complete) and the Dr. even did a rectal exam and found nothing wrong with my colon and I even did a stool sample that was over a month ago and the results came back neg. So what you have is a mild case of hemorrhoids and if you want to be safe then go and talk to your doctor.
9 :
You need to go to the doctor. Check your phone book for local free clinics or call the local health department for a reference.





  Read more discussions :